Ogar

Kevin’s Story
As coach at CrossFit Unbroken in Englewood, CO and an accomplished elite level athlete himself, Kevin Ogar’s focus each and every day is to help make people better. His kind-hearted personality and genuine care for an athlete’s well being is what makes Kevin shine and those around him are drawn to his warmth and caring attitude.

As an athlete Kevin is no stranger to pushing himself to his greatest abilities. He is so comfortable in the uncomfortable and his ability to handle pain is far beyond that of a normal human being. A Superman in his own right. Kevin excelled in CrossFit the most, being one of the best in the sport. This is his legacy. CrossFit is a part of him and will stay that way forever. He will continue to affect people positively through CrossFit and through his triumph over this tragic event.ogarstrong

What happened to Kevin Ogar?
On January 12th, 2014 Kevin Ogar’s life changed forever. He suffered a traumatic injury to his spinal cord as a result of a “freak accident” while competing at an event in Orange County, California. At this time, Kevin has no movement below the waist and will be faced with numerous surgeries and a long road ahead for rehabilitation.

Donate to support Kevin here.

February 7, 2014
“Ogar”
AMRAP 14:
3 Power Snatches (135#/95#)
1 Muscle-up
12 Wall Ball Shots (20#/14#)

14 comments for “Ogar

1. SamB
    February 7, 2014 at 7:54 am

This was very humbling. I was really looking forward to coming in and destroying this workout. And for whatever reason (excuses abound)… I just wasn’t able to execute ring muscle ups. Nothing like expecting to rock something, only to find that something leaves you. switched to bar muscle ups and they felt really good and fun. I’m looking forward to another go at this down the road. A great exercise in overcoming disappointment and frustration to be happy with what you can do.
    Ogar: 6 & 9 or 10.
    great job 5:30.

• Olivia
      February 7, 2014 at 8:32 am

1 muscle up for you is like 3 muscle ups for me! Bar muscle ups are pretty legit too – you should definitely be happy with today’s performance…

2. Olivia
    February 7, 2014 at 8:31 am

“Ogar”: 8+4rx. I may have been able to go a bit faster, but I was pacing and aiming for unbroken sets and no failed reps. I was super happy to do all my wall balls pretty much unbroken!

If you’re expecting a big tax return, please donate to Kevin Ogar! He is a full time athlete/coach with no health insurance, and he’s going to seriously need the help of the crossfit community in the upcoming months and years.

Nice work 5:30!

February 7, 2014 at 9:09 am

Ogar: 7+3 @105#

This one got tough real quick. Great effort by everyone in the 5:30am. Hoping for the best for Kevin.

Happy birthday Brooke and Marc!

4. Samuel Engel
    February 7, 2014 at 10:05 am

Ogar: 6+4: 75# snatch, 4 ring dips and 14# wall balls.
    Awesome warm-up from Coach Maralene! I’m going to add “The Rack” and “The Diaper Change” to my bedtime routine.

I think I just overcame my terror of wall balls. Now it’s just intense dislike.

5. Kyle
    February 7, 2014 at 10:22 am

Ogar: 10 Rx

That was fun, and hard and tiring. Finished the first two rounds in 2:02 then got into a more realistic pace.

February 7, 2014 at 10:23 am

6+7 with 75# and C2B pull ups

sam, i definitely know where you’re coming from. 75# snatches felt god awful today. i was expecting them to be difficult, but they were just ugly and bad. on the other hand, my C2B were great, so that became the ‘enjoyable’ part of this one for me. woof. gotta put some work into snatching!

great work, 5:30! and a happy birthday to brooke and marc!

February 7, 2014 at 12:51 pm

6rds + 7 @ 105# PS, 4 Pull Ups, and 20# WB

Only 28 Pull Ups and I tore my right palm. Need to get these hands back into Crossfit shape.

8. Mandy

11. Scott H
    February 7, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Ogar: 7 + 7 w/ 95# PS, jumping muscle-up, and 14# wall ball

12. Tony
    February 7, 2014 at 8:37 pm

OGAR: 10 + 1
    MUs w/ 20 # ball and 95 # snatch.
    Probably too light on the snatch but not a good lift for me.

13. Tim
    February 7, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Ogar – 8+1 @ 105# and jumping muscle up. Great end to the week!