CFF Hits the Slopes

A big group from Fenway went up to Sunday River this past weekend to bring a little function to our fitness. There was a big mix of snowboarders, skiers, and even snowshoers but I think it’s pretty safe to say that we all had a blast.1800344_10100901517668304_647786339_n

Brennan and I held our own despite not having been on skis in about ten years. Must be all the CrossFit. Tyler Cone took a ski lesson and was the self-reported “top of his class.” There were also a lot of veteran skiers and snowboarders in the group that pretty much dominated the entire mountain. Rachel Chernick, Sean O’Connell, and Amy West were among the brave snowboarders in group while Tyler, Brennan, Kyle B., Katie Crowley, Tim, Marina, Elyse, Joe Bracken, and myself were the skiers. Heather went snowshoeing all over and she and I proved that Australians/Californians know nothing about making a snowman.

1888658_10100901517249144_1087456724_nAnd to show that you can take the group out of CrossFit but you can’t take the CrossFit out of the group there were burpees in snow, push up throwdowns, and even a snowman named Eric. A huge thank you to Sean O’Connell for planning and organizing the whole trip.IMG_3720

THU 2/6
Strength:
Push Jerk 10-10

5 Rounds:
AMRAP 3:
6 Pistols, alternating
6 Hand Release Push-ups
6 Kettlebell Swings (32kg/24kg)
1:00 Rest

11 comments for “CFF Hits the Slopes

February 6, 2014 at 9:03 am

Did all of the skiers pistol on one ski the entire way down the mountain?

PJ: 155#
    WOD: 246 Rx
    Felt OK coming back after a few days of not feeling well. Pistols were pretty ugly but fought through it. Great work 5:30am!

2. Brooke Ilene
    February 6, 2014 at 9:24 am

Looks like you guys had a blast and dominated the mountain! Would not expect anything less!! Sorry to have missed it :( But the good news is, Sean plans these epic outings all of the time, so I’m ready for the next one!

Push Jerk
    75# / 95# / 115# failed the 10th rep! Had I just taken another second!

Round 1: 3+3
    Round 2: 3
    Round 3: 2+ 9 (had 6 kbs left)
    Round 4: 2+7 (had 2 hand release push ups left)
    Round 5: 3+1 kbs
    260 rx

Thank god for my rep counter from Eri, and for the extra math help from Joe. Pistols are so awesome!

Nice work, guys!

• Sean O'C
      February 7, 2014 at 11:04 am

Thanks Brooke! I’m going to make you my recruiter for the AM classes.

February 6, 2014 at 9:26 am

PJ – 200# – managed to make this pulled chest muscle worse!
    WOD – 347 Rx

Nice work 5:30

4. Samuel
    February 6, 2014 at 10:01 am

Push Jerk: 10 @ 85# (failed after 8 @ 95#).
    WOD: 188. Pistols with heel on a 1kg weight; 24kg kettlebell

Somebody stole my butt. If you find it, please return it to me. I was planning to use it today.

• Brooke Ilene
      February 6, 2014 at 10:34 am

HAHAHAH!! And the winner of the best line goes to you, Samuel!! Nice work this morning, you were crushing those pistols.

5. mandy
    February 6, 2014 at 10:38 am

Push Jerk
    95#-110#

WOD 329rx
    best round was 3+15, worst round was 3+6

February 6, 2014 at 12:53 pm

PJ: 85#. My back has been bother me a bit, and is especially aggravated going overhead because I over arch. So this was fun, I tried to focus on keeping errythang tight. Mission….failed.

WOD: 248 Rx. I really liked this WOD! Except for push ups :)

Good work, 530!

February 6, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Push Jerk = 125#

WOD = 299 w/ from ground up Pistols & 28kg KB

8. Scott H
    February 6, 2014 at 6:38 pm

PJ: 135#

WOD: 269 w/ 24kg KB

February 6, 2014 at 7:38 pm

PJ: 125#
    WOD: 233 Rx – Good to put one back in the Rx category.