Paleo Potluck

Those of us on the Whole Life Challenge are about at the halfway mark now. So excited to see all the positive changes since the challenge has started! In addition to clean eating, the group has done well with all aspects of the challenge like working out and mobilizing regularly, drinking lots of water, and getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night. Here are some highlights of the achievements so far:

• Brennan has been able to do both handstand push ups and double-unders in workouts
  • Dusica has noticeably shrunk down and has been extremely positive throughout the whole challenge
  • Charles has been impressively dedicated to getting his workouts in. Even did pull-ups in the stock room at his job!
  • Whitney survived to the round of 19 in “Death by Burpees”.
  • And Janet stayed strong to the Whole Life Challenge despite getting her wisdom teeth out! Ouch!

1560708_743666532312332_867345350_nAnd we want to celebrate!

To keep the momentum going into the last half we thought we’d host a Potluck right here at CrossFit Fenway. The plan is to start at 6 PM this Saturday, February 8th and eat until the food runs out. Perfect timing to refuel after the CrossFit Total hosted by Sam earlier in the day. The best part? Everyone is invited! So whether you’ve been eating Kale or Twinkies the last month come with a dish that a caveman would eat and enjoy the food, fun, and festivities. Stay whole!

TUE 2/4
Strength: High Bar Back Squat 5-5-5-5

3 Rounds:
10 Deadlifts (245#/165#)
10 Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups
10 Burpees

15 comments for “Paleo Potluck

February 4, 2014 at 7:06 am

I showed my 34′ box jump video to a professional athlete friend of mine who was very unimpressed. He told me about NFL players who can jump out of the shallow end of a pool onto the deck. Turns out there are a bunch of videos on YouTube. But in response to the pool videos, there is this gem: http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=23667#.UvBJkni9LCR

oh, yeah 205# and 8:31 WOD on 205# and regular pull-ups.

February 4, 2014 at 8:16 am

This sounds like an awesome idea. Hoping to make it there after the B’s game on Saturday.

HBBS: 210#
    Deadlift smoked me for the pull ups, and burpees just always suck. Great work 5:30am!

February 4, 2014 at 8:30 am

HBBS – 310# – felt good, heavier next time
    WOD – 4:37 Rx – burner!

Nice work 5:30

4. Mandy
    February 4, 2014 at 8:31 am

HBBS
    110-130-140-150

WOD
    7:45rx

Shorty, you have to show off these cooking skills everyone has heard so much about

5. Kate
    February 4, 2014 at 8:34 am

HBBS: 135#
    WOD: 6:08 (120# dl, red & blue bands)
    Great work 6 AM!

6. Olivia
    February 4, 2014 at 8:47 am

HBBS: 185# (115 warm up, 155, 165, 175, 185)

WOD: 4:54rx. I realized I could catch up to Shane if I did the last set of pull ups unbroken… so I jumped up and did 4/3/2+a no rep/1. Awesome.

Always nice working out with you guys, 5:30…

7. Meghan T
    February 4, 2014 at 9:05 am

HBBS: 115#
    WOD: 6:00 with 115# deadlift & blue + red band

Nice work 6!

8. Brooke Ilene
    February 4, 2014 at 9:11 am

Pretty pumped the potluck lands on the day after my birthday. Whole Life cake pops for meeeeee!

HBBS: 185# (105# / 135# / 155# and absolutely no idea what happened after that, but huge thanks to Joe “I get people PR’s” for encouraging me to get there, even with a no-rep on the 4th one. Could not of done that without his coaching!)

WOD: 7:02 165#/ kipping pull-ups

Great job, morning classes!

February 4, 2014 at 9:19 am

walking zombie today meant for a pretty rough morning.

HBBS: 125# a whopping 25# off of a PR.

WOD: 7:03 at 135#.

If i didn’t like the 5:30 peeps so much I would’ve stayed in bed. So thank you for that! Good work, all.

10. Jess B
    February 4, 2014 at 10:24 am

HBBS: 140# PR for 5!
    WOD: 5:45 @ 125#/kipping pull-ups…back was feeling good. :-)
    Nice work 9am!

11. Chris
    February 4, 2014 at 10:33 am

HBBS 295#
    WOD: 6:53 rx

Enjoyed a visit to the 7am this morning.

• Shane B
      February 4, 2014 at 10:58 am

Nice, you and Whitney are both getting in on the same day – good for you two!

12. Miles B
    February 4, 2014 at 10:44 am

HBBS: 245#
    WOD: 7:28 Rx (felt really slow this morning)

February 4, 2014 at 11:45 am

HBBS: 215#
    WOD: 8:36 @ 225# and Pull-Ups

14. Scott H
    February 4, 2014 at 10:45 pm

HBBS: 185#

WOD: 5:27 w/ 165# and red & blue banded pull-ups

CF Musings: I’ve recently crossed the 100 CrossFit class threshold since beginning this journey in late June. It’s really been an incredibly rewarding experience and I’m glad to be able to feel like a minor super hero with you guys! Before CF I don’t think I was able to do more than 1 or 2 pull-ups before collapsing on the ground in a embarassing mess … last week I did 15 without bands. Along with the paleo lifestyle, I’ve dropped more than 25 pounds and really feeling healthy and more confident than ever. The trainers have all been supportive, my fellow CFers make the workouts entertaining, and the variety of WODs make me excited/terrified everyday. So thank you and I look forward to the next 100 classes!