Bodyweight Bonanza

1.13.14_CFF_62January 27, 2014
Strength:
Split Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

3 Rounds:
21 Games Standard Box Jumps (24″/20″)
14 Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups
7 Handstand Push-ups

19 comments for “Bodyweight Bonanza

January 27, 2014 at 8:29 am

Split Jerk: 195# Failed 210# a few times. Not a good day for this lift.
    Cal edged me out at the end here. C2B pull ups were rough today. Great work 5:30am!

2. Samuel
    January 27, 2014 at 9:41 am

Split Jerk: 130# – PR
    WOD: 12:23 with kipping pull-ups and elevated parallette push-ups.

Really proud of our competitors this weekend!

3. SamB
    January 27, 2014 at 9:42 am

split jerk: 245# pr! almost got 255… next time.
    wod: For some reason I just didn’t have much gas in the tank when this started. each round got faster.
    13:16Rx. shorty & cal were flying.

• Tom Matlack
      January 27, 2014 at 9:54 am

Sam I want you tested.

January 27, 2014 at 9:56 am

Split Jerk 170#. Failed on 175# but think I can get it if I have a bit more practice on this lift. Don’t do it that much.
    Still a PR for me.

Got box standard on the jumps (Maralene). Appreciated the high bar for pull-ups, can finally kip without dragging my feet on the ground. Used ring push-ups (form was horrid there, need to work on my strength for that). 12:24.

• Brooke Ilene
      January 27, 2014 at 10:12 am

I thought I heard a lot of yelling! Nice work, Tom!

5. Brooke Ilene
    January 27, 2014 at 10:22 am

AHHHH Yesterday was awesome! And it wasn’t just the abundance of Kaleo Cookies! Can’t wait for Eric’s recap, there were so many amazing moments! Your hard work and dedication leading up to the event truly paid off! Go Fenway Red! Go Fenway Green! And special shout out to Adie for her fight on the rings! SHE FROSTS ALL OF THE CUPCAKES. SHE DOESN’T GIVE UP!

Split Jerk: 160# a PR! Shoulder is feeling much better
    WOD: 8:14, scaled down to 7 pull-ups and handstand push ups were good, must be all of those ring dings ;)

Nice work, 6:30am! Keep strong momentum going Fenway and have a great week all!

January 27, 2014 at 10:55 am

SJ: 115#. I need some serious work on my SJ, it’s so inconsistent and my form is really sub par.

WOD: 7:20 Rx. It was great racing James, and our first box jumps were 100% perfectly synced. Which was awesome.

And, opposite of Tom, the little person bar was just so great for me. I was able to switch grip my C2B, which really does help A LOT, so thanks for putting the little bar back up!!!!!!

• Jess B
      January 27, 2014 at 11:37 am

I thought you said you were tired this am? Congrats- I couldn’t believe how fast you and Shorty were moving- nice work!

7. Jess B
    January 27, 2014 at 11:42 am

SJ: 92 lbs
    WOD: 15:42..chose strict red band pull-ups because my pull-ups have felt weak (4 regular pull-ups at the end to just finish!) and paralette push-ups to a green box x 14. Thank you all of 5:30 for cheering!! Really nice to have that support when those push-ups go away! You guys are the best!

January 27, 2014 at 11:59 am

SJ – 275# – It was UGLY! I was happy with my technique up to this lift. The good news is it went up fairly easy (more like a weird push jerk) so I have hope that 300# is in sight with some focus and practice.
    WOD – 5:28 Rx

Nice work 7AM and congrats to all the competitors!

9. Mandy
    January 27, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Delayed new year’s resolution is to post to the blog everyday to log.

SJ:
    85-105-115-125-135-145
    15# pr!

WOD 14:08rx. Not my best day. Want to devote more time to work on strict handstand push ups. Thanks for the help with these Maralene and Shane!

January 27, 2014 at 2:32 pm

SJ: 165#
    WOD: 9:54 w/Regular Pull Ups and Ring Push Ups
    Been away from the box for over 4 months. Regaining my strength will be a process, but it felt good to be back!

January 27, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Split Jerk = 165# – form was great until here. Thinking too much got in the way.

WOD = 10:00 w/ red & purple bands & push ups.

January 27, 2014 at 7:51 pm

SJ: 110# PR!

WOD: 14:44 with red band and all 21 kipping HSPU…which I say because they completely went away in the third round (that was 4-5 minutes of my time). And my 5:30 PM class was AMAZING to stick with me. This is what I love about our community. I looked at Sam and told him people should clean up, and he replied “you know that’s not how this works.” Thank you all so much.

• Scott H
      January 27, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Way to push it to the very end! That was inspiring.

SJ: 175# … Form started to break down at the end and I need to fix that

WOD: 8:32 w/ red & blue band (I think it’s time to go without the red band from now on) and scaled hspu

13. Ky
    January 27, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Split jerk: 145 lb PR

Metcon: 5:16 Rx. I loved this one!

14. Miles B