Don’t Miss Watching These Teams Compete!

Team1 NewDreamTeams2 NewDreamTeams1CrossFit Fenway will be represented by 2 teams in the Kill Cliff East Coast Championships Competitors Division team competition this Sunday, January 26th.  Joe is also throwing down in the individual competition on Saturday.  Tickets are sold out, and our competitors really appreciate all of you that are coming out to support the teams, but even if you can’t make it, you can still check out all the action online via the live stream that will be up for the event.  Don’t miss watching these teams compete! (Thanks to Olivia for the graphics updates!)

January 23, 2014
Strength:
High Bar Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5

“Death by Burpee”
Complete 1 burpee in the first minute, 2 in the second, 3 in the third, etc. until you can no longer complete the required burpees in the minute. Score is total reps completed.

*If at least 75 burpees (through 9 reps in the 12th minute) are not completed, perform the remaining burpees as quickly as possible

Compare to 101109

12 comments for “Don’t Miss Watching These Teams Compete!

1. Jen G.
    January 22, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I got a ticket for Saturday, and will definitely be streaming on Sunday while I’m in lab!

2. Kate
    January 23, 2014 at 7:43 am

Bummed the tickets sold out, but will check out the live streaming. Good luck competitors!
    HBBS: 129#
    Death by burpees: 14 + 14. Crazy I know, but I would like to try this again with a plan. Felt like I left some on the table and did not push through the mental suck like I should have.

January 23, 2014 at 8:38 am

HBBS – 320#
    Death by Burpees – 18+16 – embrace the suck!

Nice work 5:30!

January 23, 2014 at 9:05 am

HBBS: 135#. Felt pretty rough after many days away from the gym.

WOD: 15+14, which is exactly the same score i got last time. not bad, considering i’m about 10# heavier…though i really wish i could’ve beaten james!

great work, 5:30 burpee buds!

January 23, 2014 at 9:12 am

HBBS: 205#
    WOD: 16+13
    The death really starts to sink in at about round 12 when the work is longer than the rest. Yikes that was rough. Great work 5:30am!

January 23, 2014 at 9:36 am

Good luck to all the competitors this weekend!

Just surviving this morning after another bought of the flu over the weekend in the early week. 190# on squats, well off my PR, and 12+12 on the burpies. My technique was clearly not the most efficient. Will try a different strategy next time.

Also wanted to give a shout out to Joe who worked with my son Seamus on his fitness testing for college/service requirements.
    Last week he got an appointment to West Point, at least in some part because he maxed out on fitness (pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, timed mile run).

• Cal
      January 23, 2014 at 9:50 am

Congratulations to Seamus! That’s great! Best of luck to him at his appointment.

January 23, 2014 at 9:49 am

HBBS = 165#

Death by Burpees = 13+13

8. JessB
    January 23, 2014 at 1:38 pm

HBBS: 115# X 5… (still taking care of my back, but this felt good)
    Death by Burpees – 14 + 13. Really wanted to hit that 15 mark…next time!
    Nice work 9am.

9. whitney
    January 23, 2014 at 2:54 pm

HBBS: 95#s
    WOD: 19+12
    Hayden was sorry to miss burpees

10. Scott H
    January 23, 2014 at 8:12 pm

HBBS: 160#
    WOD: 14 + 12

Good luck to the competitors this weekend…hoping to watch the online live stream if only as a way to relax/escape while my girlfriend’s mom is in town visiting!

January 23, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Can’t wait to see our two CFF teams rock with the All-Stah’s! I’ll be there Sunday!

HBBS: 105# held for 3 sets… so far off my best, can’t even.
    WOD: 15 + 13

Cal, I really wanted to chase you….was thinking about it all day! So close!