4 Years!

1214-768x1024

The original box, December 2009

4 years ago to the date last Saturday the first classes were held at CrossFit Fenway’s original location.  I was coaching squats and half Cindy, and we were off and running.

This past Saturday was an awesome way to celebrate and mark the occasion.  We had a solid competitor training session working on gymnastic skills and hitting some interval conditioning, during which pretty much everyone remained unbroken for sets of 15 thrusters.

This was followed up by a great turnout for our care pack invasion.  Many of you showed up, hit a hero workout hard through some bitter cold, and brought plenty to fill the care package that will be going directly to our troops.  Thank you.

I then had the pleasure of taking on a couple of team workouts with other CFF athletes, as we prepare for the upcoming East Coast Championships Competitors Division team event.

Saturday’s celebration wrapped up with, what else?  A party!  It was so god to see so many of you brave the storm to raise a glass in honor of our anniversary.  Coaching, training, and partying.  A pretty perfect anniversary if you ask me.

JM_untitled_20120409_8474-L

First day at the new box, April 2012

The last 4 years have been a fun, wild ride.  I’m very happy to have shared it with all of you.  Thank you for being there Saturday, and everyday, as we have built, and continue to build this fantastic, fit community together.

December 16, 2013
Strength:
Hang Clean 2-2-2-2-2-2

15-10-5
Curtis P’s (115#/75#)
Ring Dips

8 comments for “4 Years!

December 16, 2013 at 9:15 am

Hang Clean: 190# (PR)
    Those lunges on the Curtis P’s are no joke. Great work 5:30am!

It’s been a great time here at CFF and I anticipate more great times to come. It was great seeing many of you out to celebrate Saturday night. Congrats everyone!

December 16, 2013 at 9:43 am

Hang Clean – 225# – got 245# x1 and it felt good but I lost my hook grip on the second one and the bar slipped out of my hands.
    WOD – 8:55 Rx – tele skiing all day yesterday in the powder did not help the Curtis P’s this morning.

Nice work 5:30

3. Brooke Ilene
    December 16, 2013 at 9:51 am

Beautiful post, Eric! What an incredible journey you’ve been on! It’s been life changing being part of this community! How did everyone ever fit on that pull-up structure or in the back room??

Really looking forward to watching you guys at the East Coast Champions Event!

REALLY BUMMED that I had to turn around Saturday night. The roads were just awful, but I’m glad it was a good turn out and everyone had a blast!

Great things to come! Cheers!

December 16, 2013 at 9:51 am

HSC: 115#. Rough day today, this took me way too many attempts to get 2.

WOD: 12:03 with 75# and ring push ups.

December 16, 2013 at 11:53 am

165# on clean squats, 175# for one. Working mostly on technique, hips first then arms. Got all the CPs at RX but used assisted ring dips. #hard

December 16, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Hang Clean = 155#

WOD = 11:43 w/ 95# and hand release push ups

December 17, 2013 at 8:28 am

HC: 85#
    WOD: 12:07 with 75# and skinny black band on rings

Super grateful for this community ;0

8. Miles B
    December 18, 2013 at 11:49 am

Hang Clean @ 185# (PR)
    Wow…Curtis P’s are not my favorite.