… And Twins!

750m Row
20 Handstand Push-ups

2 Rounds:
20 Thrusters (115#/80#)
20 L Pull-ups

Compare to 121207

Help put together a care package from CFF!  On Saturday, December 14th, with Garo’s help, CrossFit Fenway is hosting an invasion WOD to put together care packages for 1SG Russ Watts, 2LT Michael Polanski, and 1LT Russell Cotter. All three are deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. We’d like to send a care package on behalf of CFF to show support and appreciation for their service. If you’re donating to the package, no preregistration is required, and the Saturday session can be an extra one for you that week!

CFF’s 4th Anniversary and Holiday Party!  Join us for adult beverages and good times Saturday, December 14th at Game On! to celebrate 4 years of awesome community and exercise, as well as the holiday season.  We’ve got space reserved in the lower level of the bar from 7 PM on.  See you there!

13 comments for “… And Twins!

December 6, 2013 at 7:47 am

“Twins”
    12/7/2012 – 27:50 with 2 abmats for HSPU, 50# thrusters, blue band.

Today – 21:02 with abmat+10# plate for HSPU, 65# thrusters, red band.

Way to go 5:30!

December 6, 2013 at 8:43 am

“Twins”
    12/7/2012 – 31:04 Rx

Today – 28:28 Rx
    Thrusters are rather terrible. Glad for the improvement on this one. Great work 5:30am!

Good luck to anyone competing this weekend!

• Brooke Ilene
      December 6, 2013 at 9:51 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHORTY!!! AMAZING JOB THIS MORNING, GO PUT YOUR FACE IN A GIANT CAKE. THIS IS YELLING.

• Samb
      December 6, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Dude! We have the same birthday!
      Sick job today.
      Twins: 29:49
      1 abmat
      Strict pull-ups

3. Kate
    December 6, 2013 at 8:43 am

Twins: 19:02 (1 abmat + 10# hspu, 60# thrusters, 2 red bands pull-ups)
    Great job 6am!

December 6, 2013 at 8:43 am

8/19/11: 35:12 with 1 abmat, 30kg thrusters, and dead hangs.
    12/7/12: 29:52 with 30kg thursters and dead hangs.
    Today: 26:04 with 65# thrusters and “dead hangs” (frog kicked out a bunch of them)

The first round of thrusters felt like the bar was 700000 pounds. YIKES.

Great work, 5:30. Good luck this weekend Shane and Ron and of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Brooke Ilene
    December 6, 2013 at 9:50 am

Twins – 26:03 with kipping handstand push-ups done in sets of 3, with a few 4; thruster’s 80# done in 5′s; 10 strict pull-ups, 10 kipping pull-ups. Could not of done that without the help of Broseph and the rock stars of 6:30!

SHARING FEELINGS TIME AND YES IT’S LONG BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT TO SAY ALL OF THE TIME, SORRY ERIC! (I’m not sorry)

1 – Thought a lot about my brother Mike while on the rower. He just started CrossFit and working at Reebok ONE (November 11 to be exact) and I have watched him turn into someone who stood on the sidelines fixing cars (nothing wrong with that, back breaking work…he literally has a herniated disk) to someone who walks into a room with his chest up tall and a light in his eyes. He has taken to rowing! He knows when to push and is working really hard everyday. My family and I could not be more proud of him!

2 – Thought a lot about my grandmother who is 90 and fractured her pelvis a few days ago. Up until now, she has been active and independent and is now in rehab. She is quite the fighter and I’m sure it is a battle for her to have to ask for help and “start over” with basic movements. We’re all rooting for her as she learns to walk without assistance. I’m sure you know someone or have a loved one who would give anything to move their body and we get the chance to do that everyday. Count your blessings y’all.

3 – Thought a lot about not settling. Not settling for a crappy half-assed rep or half of the effort and demanding more of myself. Although those 40 thrusters made me want to cry, I wanted my last rep to look like my first. Maintaining the integrity of the movement and moving with a purpose is something I think of a lot.

Outside of the box, I thought about not settling… not settling for the wrong job, wrong business opportunity, wrong, relationship, wrong environment, wrong friendships, etc. Too often we settle because we think “this must be it,” or it’s easier to hide out in the misery or suffer in silence or not rock the boat. I’d rather take a chance or a leap of faith into the unknown, push a little harder and reach for more because that’s where the magic is.

• Jess B
      December 6, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Well said Brooke -I feel the need for feelings today as well….maybe it is the greyness outside… I can relate to both #1 and #2 with family members having both of those experiences. I am so so proud of my sister-in-law who has taken up Crossfit in the last couple months while it also breaks my heart as I watch elders age and it reminds me to appreciate the way I can move my body freely and push it as much as I want to each day….which brings me to #3…some days I feel like I am just getting through the WOD- while other days I am fighting to be faster/stronger…here’s to new years’ resolutions to set some goals and get out of just going through the motions. Live in the present!

Twins:
      1/13/12: 27:06 with 8 wall climbs, 55# thrusters and 3 red bands for deadhang pull-ups.
      12/7/12: 30:56 w/6 HSPU to 2 abmats then 14 pushup/handstand, 55# thrusters and 1 red band for deadhang pull-ups.
      12/6/13: 23:50 w/ring pushups, 65# thrusters, 1 red band for deadhang pull-ups… (really want to get to HSPU next year!)

December 6, 2013 at 1:13 pm

25:25 with ring dips and strict pull ups. Did the thrusters at 115# and was definitely a challenge. Like what you say here about not settling Brooke. Hard to sometimes differentiate between looking at what we have with gratitude and deciding when it’s time to make a change, and push for a new level of performance.

On that note thanks to Joe for the remedial class on snatch technique after the workout today. Not sure how bright it was to do at the end of a full week of workouts and after today’s monster, but I got a lot out of it in terms of feeling the lift properly and also tools to practice on my own time.

Good luck to all the competitors this weekend!

7. Gabe
    December 6, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Thanks for letting me crash the 5:30am party today.
    I did not do twins but did three wods from my own box scheduled for today including Jackie, followed by 800m run with 50 wall balls and 30 cleans at 225#. Finally 30 dips, 50 step ups and 100 double unders. I left my times at the box so I can’t post.
    Rachel and I really miss everyone at CFF-it’s a special place with wonderful people.
    Hope we’re able to come back and play some more. Keep doing good work and enjoy the holidays!

8. Olivia
    December 6, 2013 at 7:02 pm

26something with dead hang pull ups and RX-everything-else. For some reason, the 80# thrusters didn’t feel nearly as horrific as the 40 HSPUs. Those were frustrating. Also, I tried to L-pull up, but I only got about 5 before I gave up on that idea.

Shorty, I’m super impressed that you RXed the wod this morning. Nice work!

9. Rachel
    December 6, 2013 at 8:28 pm

25:29 with paralletes, 65# and a blue and red band.

December 7, 2013 at 6:22 am