Throwdown Thank Yous

Thank you very much to all of the judges and volunteers that gave their time to make the 2013 Beantown awesome!  You made it not just possible, but incredibly successful.  Events like this are an opportunity to open up our box and show what our community can do.  Thank you!

throwdown aftermath

Thank you to our primary sponsor, North River Outfitter, as well as our other vendor\ Reebok, Progenex, Again Faster, and Vita for all of your contributions.

podium

Thank you to all the competitors that showed up, and gave everything you had.  Your efforts made the competition exciting and entertaining.  I hope you had as much fun doing the workouts as we did programming them, and watching you attack them.  I can’t wait to start planning the next one!

September 30, 2013
Strength: 20 Minutes to find 1RM Front Squat

21-15-9
Handstand Push-ups
Pull-ups

15 comments for “Throwdown Thank Yous

1. Kate
    September 30, 2013 at 8:01 am

FS: 57kg
    WOD: 6:50 using blue band and skinny red band and first half with ring push ups. Felt like my form was gone on the push ups so I switched to regular push ups, but Maralene insists it was in my head. I pledge not to change up mid WOD again!
    Great job 6 am!

September 30, 2013 at 8:30 am

FS – 300# – felt good
    WOD – 2:01 Rx

Nice work 7…Ky very impressive time, well done.

• Ky
      September 30, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Thanks Shane! You too.

September 30, 2013 at 9:14 am

many thanks to eric for programming and running another great competition! and to the volunteers, judges, and supporters for the yelling and cheering, always so helpful. especially to erica kroon for keeping me in those damn wall balls. and to my team for being awesome!

recovery wod today: 6:55 Rx
    21-15-9
    OHS (55#)
    Burpees over the bar

4. Samuel
    September 30, 2013 at 9:34 am

So proud to see our competitors this weekend! Can’t believe I have the privilege to work out with these Beefcakes.

FS: 76kg
    WOD: 7:29. Got in trouble for kipping in a [red] band. Still working in parallettes for the pushups and happy to get a chance to practice.

September 30, 2013 at 9:47 am

I second Cal’s sentiments on the programming Eric put together for the competition. Just another well run and fun competition. Can’t really say enough about the judges and volunteers who helped everything run so seamlessly. Thanks for volunteering a good part of your Sunday. Also, everyone who came to cheer was amazing, as some of those workouts were tough to power through. Thanks everyone!

1 RM FS: 205# Wasn’t feeling 100% on these after yesterday, but this is a PR. Think I can go a bit higher when fresh.

Recovery WOD: 5:29 Rx
    21-15-9
    OHS (75#)
    Burpees over the bar

6. Jess B
    September 30, 2013 at 10:09 am

FS: 135 lbs
    WOD: 10:55, rings pushups on green box- then reduced to regular pushups at end of 15 round
    So impressed with the competitors! I was completely inspired yesterday! You ALL rock!

7. Brooke Ilene
    September 30, 2013 at 10:32 am

Congratulations to all who competed and once again, another successful event and a job well done, Eric and volunteers!! There were some magical (great word) moments throughout the day. A lot of “firsts” happened for many whether it was snatching 135# OVER AND OVER AGAIN (you know who you are!!) or going unbroken, or even just competing for the first time. Our Fenway family certainly did not disappoint in supporting and cheering as everyone fought for just one more rep. You guys should be so, so proud!!

Not sure if many of you knew, but Pat was pretty sick and was not going to compete. He did it anyway and took home a second place finish with Eri and Mike. Just incredible and from now on, when I want to complain about my tiny headache or my forearms hurting, or whatever I am letting get in the way, I’m gonna think of Pat and his amazing effort. I’ll think of all of you, actually because you showed up and you worked hard!!

Yoga WOD, see you in the am. GET HUGE.

September 30, 2013 at 11:04 am

200# on FS on third attempt PR
    WOD with ring push ups and blue band 5:26

Next year I hope to be in a position to compete. This year between inlaws visiting my puppy Zeus and my humidor I wasn’t ready for an RX competition but I am inspired by all who did and thank Eric and co for making Fenway such a great place to workout.

9. SamB
    September 30, 2013 at 1:09 pm

thanks to all the judges, volunteers, and organizers. It was loads of fun.

10. Ky
    September 30, 2013 at 3:22 pm

FS: 55 kg (two failed attempts at 58)

11. jason
    September 30, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Front Squat = 155# (too much leaning forward at 165# – fails)

WOD = 5:41 w/ push ups and green band

12. Amy W.
    September 30, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Great job Eric and all the volunteers/judges- thanks for cheering us on!

• Amy W.
      September 30, 2013 at 9:34 pm

great shot of my backside btw

September 30, 2013 at 10:54 pm

FS: 100# PR
    WOD: 10:26 with HSPUs to 1mat+10#, blue band

EVERYONE WAS A.MAZING this weekend. Agree with all said above. So inspired by all the athletes…I feel grateful just to witness it!