June Goals

Ooooh it was a hot one kicking off the summer with all of your June Goals. Some people competed for the first time. Some went running for a long time in that heat (oy), and apparently this was the month to have a birthday for most of the people in the gym. Birthday burpees, awesome competitions, and many goals reached all added up to an awesome June. Start thinking about July and put it up there!

Amanda- Sean completed Joe’s man test reaching his goal to be a better man

- Amanda did not come in last place at Operation Throwdown/finished in the top half of the scaled division

- Brooke came in 11th place in Operation Throwdown and got 3 top finishes out of 5 WODS

- Nora went sub 20 at the BAA 10 K

- Abby competed in Operation Throwdown & PR’ed all the WODS there

- Although not ending in the top 8, Tyler came in the top 8 for 2 out of 5 WODS at Operation Throwdown

- Lilly competed in the Lando Throwdown, had fun, and did not drop the barbell on her head – also completed birthday burpees

- Amy won the scaled division of Operation Throwdown

- Jerilyn completed her first competition (Throwdown) and did not come in last place

- Pope popped in and completed 1 legged-birthday burpees

WED 7/3

Strength: Hang Snatch 2-2-2-2-2-2

20 hspu
40 toes to bar
60 wall ball 20lb/14lb
80 double unders

14 comments for “June Goals

1. Rej
    July 3, 2013 at 7:41 am

Well what I didn’t realize yesterday (or subconsciously kept it out of my mind) was that yesterday was my last day at CFF before moving back up to Canada. I just wanted to say that this past year at this box has been really amazing. I have been the very typical, go to the gym for three months… get bored… run for three months… get bored (repeat cycle), kind of person. Coming to crossfit consistently has really been a pleasure (he says in a masochistic type of way).
    I’m not a conventional athlete and have mentioned to Erika my ineptitude in doing any complex movements or skills is due to my tiny cerebellum (or overthinking… or a combination of things), surprisingly, I have gotten better at doing some of these things (I strung together 16 DU’s the other day!!) I can only thank the amazing, talented people who train us everyday. You are such a great group of trainers and it’s obvious how much you love what you do. Thanks so much for pushing me to put more weight on those bars, to get a little lower on those squats and to go a little faster in the WODs. Someday I hope to RX one of the more weight based ones rather than those that just depend on endurance or my body weight (it pays to stay at 145-150 lbs).
    To all the people who sweat with me everyday, thanks for pushing me. Being that type A sort of personality usually gets me to at least keep up if not try to beat your asses. Haha.
    If anyone happens to be in the capital region of Canada (Ottawa, Ontario… two hours west of Montreal… I have learned the Canadian geography knowledge here over the past year), look me up. I’ve already been checking out the crossfit clubs there and I hope they come close to this one.
    Thanks again everyone. Phew, now I can start saying eh, aboooot, pop and toque again.

• Mandy
      July 3, 2013 at 2:27 pm

REJ! You will be missed. You were an absolute joy to teach and I wish the best for you back in Canada. Stay in touch and keep up the great work!

2. July 3, 2013 at 8:06 am

REJ!!!!! I can’t believe I missed a goodbye!! So sad you are leaving us but you have made huge strides here and should be so proud of yourself. Remember when you said you would NEVER get double unders? A lot of things in the sport get overwhelming but don’t forget you’ve gotten better and will continue to get better. Keep in touch and keep crossfitting!!!
    p.s. You do not have a tiny brain, you DO think too much :)

July 3, 2013 at 9:22 am

Hang Snatch: 50kg (55kg x 1)

Have a safe and happy fourth everyone! See you all next week. Great job 530am!

4. Tim
    July 3, 2013 at 9:34 am

First OLY class today. Looking forward to making it a regular weekly thing.

WOD: 10:55 w/ clapping push-ups, TTB, 20# and singles.

Thanks 6:30am for letting me join in for the WOD! Congrats to all of the June goals!

July 3, 2013 at 9:46 am

42.5 on the hang snatch. Thanks to Joe for making me try the handstand push ups. Can’t say I got a heck of a lot of range of motion but I did attempt them, so now there is no going back. Also watched a video on double unders in preparation for the WOD and got 5 at a go (non linked) which is good for me at the tail end of the workout. No going back there either. Was a sneaky hard WOD specially in the heat.

Happy 4th everybody.

July 3, 2013 at 9:50 am

HS: 35kg

WOD: 12:51 with ring push ups and feet on green box. i have an inflamed inner ear, where your balance is controlled, and i can’t be upside without feeling like i’m going to pass out. so of course HSPU were programmed.

also, i still hate wall ball.

happy birthday, america! congrats to goal seekers and achievers!

7. Rachel
    July 3, 2013 at 10:24 am

I figured I would throw this up here in case anyone else is interested, but we have a CrossFit Fenway Endurance team doing the Vert Sasquatch race next weekend (http://www.vertraceseries.com/sasquatch/). Sign-ups close on Sunday, and there are already over 20 of us registered from the gym. If anyone has ever wanted to try a trail race this is a good intro to it since it is short and not too hilly! Free shuttles to and from the race from Forest Hills, a really nice shirt and all the local craft beer you can handle!

• Rachel
      July 3, 2013 at 10:28 am

And by Forest Hills I mean Oak Grove. I don’t want to be responsible for anyone getting lost!

• Mandy
      July 3, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Mary and I will be bringing up the rear.

8. Sam
    July 3, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I took class! Man it’s hot.

Snatch: 65 kg

WOD: 6:32 RX

Adie almost caught me that little gremlin.

9. July 3, 2013 at 6:39 pm

That was an incorrect name to post. Sam is a lot stronger than this. This is Erika.

July 3, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Snatch: 60#
    WOD: 13:22 with 1 abmat+10# HSPU, t2b’s, 10# ball, 160 singles

So glad Mandy made us full snatch. I think getting used to dropping fast and low is the only way I’ll move up in weight, so I was happy with my technique today. Also, I have recently begun to string wall balls properly and not catch them on my stomach or boobs. The stringing didn’t so much happen today, however.

Great job June goal people!

July 5, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Snatch = 85#. Form is getting a little better
    WOD = 13:11 w/ parallette pushups on green box, knees to chest, 20#, and 160 singles.