Summer Solstice Success!

crossfitlandopic

CFF sent 4 awesome teams to Crossfit Lando’s first competition out of many – The Summer Solstice Team Showdown this past Saturday. Since I am still recovering and gathering showdown details, you will all be getting the final story Tuesday! For now, I officially hand you over to Joe McGhee’s “J-Deez” programming. Get.Excited.Get.Huge.

JoeErika

MON 6/24

Overhead Squat 3-3-3-3-3
5 Rounds
7 Front Squat @ 155lbs/105lbs
14 kb swings 24kg/16kg

15 comments for “Summer Solstice Success!

1. JT
    June 23, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Congratulations to everyone who competed! I enjoyed coaching the Saturday WOD and I look forward to getting more coaching time with y’all this week while Eric is out.

Also a quick shout out to Mike Greiner, who supplied us with the awesome little Fenway logo for favicon in your browser’s tabs. I love stuff like that! Thanks!

2. Kate
    June 24, 2013 at 7:57 am

OHS: 26kg
    WOD: 6:52 (35kg fs, 16kg kbs)
    Progressively got scared of the clean! Great job 6am

3. sam b
    June 24, 2013 at 8:05 am

nice job competitors! i’m going to watch one of these soon!
    ohs: 70kg
    wod: 7:27 rx
    did my first ring muscle-up after class! wooohooo! high-fives and fist bumps all around!

• Mike G.
      June 24, 2013 at 2:48 pm

told ya you could do it! congratulations!

• Brennan
      June 24, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Damn!!! How long have you been doing this again ;0

June 24, 2013 at 8:24 am

Awesome work by everyone this weekend!
    OHS: 75kg
    KBS unbroken. Front squats not so much. Great job 6am!

5. Tim
    June 24, 2013 at 8:59 am

Congrats everyone!
    OHS: 59kg
    WOD: 7:35 @ 115# and 24kg

Nice work 6am!

June 24, 2013 at 9:11 am

congrats to everyone this weekend! looked like it was lots of fun!

OHS: 40kg and 45×2, almost 3 but had some sketchy depth.

WOD: 8:00 Rx. That went better than I thought it was going to.

Great work, 6!

June 24, 2013 at 9:53 am

Congrats all. Will miss your instruction Erika!

Felt the week away (in Montana on a horse which does work your core but is not CF by a long shot)…

Was able to get the front squats at 60 kg which is pretty good for me. And also began to feel a bit more comfortable on the OH squats (my second time doing them). Nice to see ya Shane!

June 24, 2013 at 10:11 am

Congrats to all the competitors this weekend

OHS – 100kg – failed at 110kg
    WOD – 9:25 Rx+ w/squat cleans

Nice work 7AM…welcome back Tom

June 24, 2013 at 11:01 am

Great job by all the competitors this weekend. It was a lot of fun to watch.

OHS: 65kg – Need to spend more time with these.
    WOD: 6:27 Rx – KB was getting real slippery in the later rounds.

10. Mike G.
    June 24, 2013 at 2:46 pm

OHS – 80kg

WOD – 9:30 Rx+ (squat cleans) it was so very hot today at the gym. SCORCHAH

June 24, 2013 at 6:41 pm

OHS – 39kg thank you to Rachel Tash for pushing me.
    WOD – 6:59 at 67#

12. Jen W.
    June 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm

OHS – 45kg – Thanks, Sam, for teaching me something new even as I round out my 5th year of CF – JERK to the OHS position. What a novel idea.

WOD – 6:59 at 35kg/77# and 12kg kb. Probably should have gone a little heavier, but having each of the sets unbroken was a little taste of magic as I build back up from my many months away.

Congrats to the Solstice competitors and congrats to Adie for kicking ass on national television! She may not have won the whole shebang, but she made it to the final and made ALL of us proud! Way to geaux everyone!

13. Jess B
    June 26, 2013 at 9:24 pm

OHS: 35 kg (37kg for 2)
    WOD: 6:46 @35 kg a sneaky one….harder than it looked!