“Omar”

In memory of U.S. Army First Lieutenant Omar Vazquez, 25, of Hamilton, New Jersey, assigned to the 2nd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, based in Fort Hood, Texas, died of wounds suffered April 22, 2011, when insurgents in Numaniyah, Iraq, attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. He is survived by his parents Maria and Pablo, sister Marisel, and brothers Pablo and Javier.

Hero_Omar_th

35 Bar-facing burpees

15 comments for ““Omar”

June 21, 2013 at 6:48 am

In your honor Lt. Omar, thank you for your service – RIP
    10:00 Rx

Nice work 5:30

Erika, happy birthday and congratulations!

June 21, 2013 at 8:32 am

Omar: 13:00 Rx

In your honor Lt. Omar. Great work 6am!

Today was also Brian’s last day! It’s been a pleasure working out with you. I will miss racing you in WODs and I hope to WOD with again in the future. Best of luck!

Happy birthday ERIKA! Let’s make these last 3 weeks great. Congrats!

June 21, 2013 at 8:54 am

omar comin’: 14:51 at 65#. Actually didn’t hate the thrusters? what?

so much love in the 6am class today. good luck brian! happy birthday erika!

“ayo bay, lesson here — you come at the king, you best not miss”

• Chris M
      June 21, 2013 at 9:31 am

It’s all in game yo.

• Chris M
        June 21, 2013 at 9:32 am

Damn! I forgot the ‘the’.

4. Brian
    June 21, 2013 at 9:18 am

In your honor Lt. Omar: 14:51 Rx

The 6 am was nonstop awesome today! Happy Birthday Erika!

As many of you know I’ll be leaving for Nashville at the end of the month and today was my last WOD at Fenway. I’ll try to keept this short as I can’t describe how amazing this experience has been with all you amazing people. I need to give a HUGE shout out to all of the coaches who never stopped believing in me and turning me from that fat kid in the corner with no athletic ability to a confident athlete (but still never throw a ball at me, I probably will end up catching it with my face). And I never could have imagined my Boston experience to be as incredible as it has been with all of you. When I moved to Boston I think I knew two and a half people and now I’m overwhelmed at the community that I’ve become a part of. While the 6 am crew will always have a special place in my heart, I love each and every person that I’ve ever met at this gym and cannot describe how each and every one of you inspire me to show up each day and strive to be a better person. Thank you all.

In a small attempt to give back to the Fenway community I’ve organized a party at Yard House tonight at 8 to celebrate this amazing community and to help send off Cassie, Hudson, and Rej who are also leaving. I’d love to see you all out there where we can truly AMRAP feelings and Rx hugs and beer. Until the next time I’m in Boston and workout out with you, keep fighting through the wods and always, ALWAYS dance while lifting.

• drake
      June 21, 2013 at 12:17 pm

you’re the man brian. bummed i’m not going to see you at 6 am anymore!

stay well

• Jen W.
      June 21, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I’m gonna miss you like a injured CrossFitter misses working out. SO MUCH!!!

5. Tim
    June 21, 2013 at 9:58 am

In your honor, Lt. Omar.

Omar: 16:51 @ 80#. Blarf – not feeling it today.

Happy Birthday, Erika! I expect nonstop shenanigans for the next three weeks and for you to push us harder than ever! Congrats on a well-earned opportunity!

Brian – just realized I won’t be able to chase your times anymore! Best of luck in Nashvegas!

All the feelings. ONWARD!!!

6. Sam B
    June 21, 2013 at 10:28 am

Congratulations Erika. Gonna miss you. Who else would have us play duck-duck-goose at 5:30 am?
    Good luck to the folks moving away. You will be missed.
    Omar: 15:14 Rx
    I was so intimidated by this one, I think I could have moved faster. Next time.
    Thank you omar!

June 21, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I’ve been a member here at Fenway for over 3 years now, and so many awesome people have come into my life because of this membership. Unfortunately, Boston, with all its higher learning facilities, is often just a stepping stone for many. For those of you leaving us soon, I want to wish you the best, but I’ll seriously miss your sweaty faces. Please stay in touch and visit us when you’re in town. You know where you can find me.

Omar: 12:23 Rx
    As far as Hero workouts go, this one wasn’t terrible. I think I could do this one quicker. Broke up the Thrusters too much on Round 3.
    Great work Noon class!

8. Jen W.
    June 21, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Omar: 19:28, with regular burpees and 20kg/44# thrusters
    Injured foot was rather tight through this one, but I powered through in a good way, not a reinjure yourself way.

To all the cool cats leaving, you will be dearly missed. May you take the shenanigans of CFF to your new homes, but realize it will never be the same. HUGS TONIGHT FOR EVERYONE!

9. Jess B
    June 21, 2013 at 8:46 pm

OMAR: 14:49 @ 25 kg. Tough workout.
    Erika- what to say. You will be SO missed. You bring a great positive energy and spirit to the early morning hours! Congratulations on this awesome, well-earned opportunity. So proud of you! Happy, happy Birthday!
    Good luck to all of you moving onward in your lives!

10. Mike G.
    June 22, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Omar – 15:59 Rx. slowest. burpees. ever.

11. Soph
    June 23, 2013 at 7:21 am

55 lbs 19:49 . That was a slippery WOD!