Nasty Girls

SCS_8979-MA bunch of you have been getting your first muscle-ups, stringing them together for the first time, or getting damn close recently.  We’ve also had a couple requests for metcons featuring muscle-ups, so this Friday we’re doing Nasty Girls.  It’s really well programmed, combining a bodyweight exercise, maybe the most technical gymnastic movement we practice as CrossFitters, and a basic barbell, Olympic weightlifting accessory lift.  I was so excited when I first learned to do muscle-ups (the bar variety, no place to hang rings at the big box gym.  If you like, they’re a fine modification for this workout), and Nasty Girls came up on the Mainsite that, determined to finish, I tweaked my traps to the point that touching my chin to my chest was an issue.  Despite this setback, I was very happy to have completed my first workout with muscle-ups.  I hope some of you can have the same positive experience tomorrow, minus the dings and dents.

February 22, 2013
Nasty Girls
3 Rounds:
50 Air Squats
7 Muscle-ups
10 Hang Power Cleans (135#/95#)

Compere to 120420

Vote for CrossFit Fenway! Each of the last 3 years CrossFit Fenway was voted Best Health Club in the Boston Phoenix Best Poll.  This year we’re going for the 4-peat!  CLICK HERE to vote for CrossFit Fenway as the Best Health Club (in the Shopping category) for 2013.  Vote for any of your other local favorites too, click submit, enter your name and e-mail address, then click submit again to cast your vote (once per day per e-mail address).  Show your CFF pride, and help us defend our title!

Paleo Potluck! Whether you’re participating in the challenge or not, bring your best paleo dish, and join us Saturday, February 23rd at noon.  It’ll be a chance to hang out, catch up, share recipes, and sample some delicious, paleo friendly options.

13 comments for “Nasty Girls

1. POPEcarlos
    February 22, 2013 at 8:41 am

WOD: 9:41

jumping MUs
    95# HPCs

nice work, 7am! especially you, Tim!

• Tim
      February 22, 2013 at 11:32 am

I heard you picking up the pace on those last few HPC – helped me keep my hands on the bar! Nice work!

2. POPEcarlos
    February 22, 2013 at 8:46 am

WOD: 9:41

jumping MUs
    95# HPCs

nice work, 7am! especially you, Tim!

happy Friday, everyone.

February 22, 2013 at 9:12 am

“Nasty Girls” – 20:56 using 3:1 pull-ups (2 reds) + dips (1 red) and 30kg

I’m glad for a primer on the MU progression so I can practice the swing, but ultimately happy with my scale choice: getting stronger with high density of gymnastics movements will someday get me off bands which will someday, someday get me to a muscle up.

And then I could die a happy woman.

February 22, 2013 at 9:55 am

Nasty Girls
    15:16 Rx

Nice work 5:30

• Brennan
      February 22, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Your MU’s were really fun to watch out of the corner of my eye as I squatted. Awesome. Also props for the warm-up music.

5. Sam B
    February 22, 2013 at 10:47 am

Nasty Girls
    13:02
    I don’t know the name for what I was doing on the rings, but it was fun bouncing my hips up and down with a red and blue band. 135# on the cleans.
    wicked awesome job 530

6. Tim
    February 22, 2013 at 11:34 am

Nasty Girls
    9:40 (120# on cleans and blue band for the “baby basket” MU)

Nice work 7am!

7. Brian
    February 22, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Hey all, there’s a 2-day competition down in Canton on June 15-16. There’s scaled and Rx divisions and there’s already a pretty AWESOME crew from Fenway signed up. If you’ve never competed before, or even been to a competition, they’re wicked fun and are a great goal to set to push you to that next level. Let’s make this an offsite Crossfit Fenway event!

• Brooke Ilene
      February 22, 2013 at 5:46 pm

CrossFit Fenway Take-Over!! I’m so excited for this!! More Paleo come May…Thanks again for sharing, Brian. (I’m praying there’s no rope climbs again because I DIED.)

8. Mike G.
    February 22, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Zee Nasty – 13:28 with jumping bar muscle-ups and rx weight. a bar mu has been my goal for the month (and with the help of Erika i will get it!) so to be able to knock out 21 (with some failed reps too) of this progression was awesome.

9. February 22, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Nasty Girls
    11:11 (115# on cleans and green band)

10. Garo
    February 22, 2013 at 11:00 pm

NG: 11:16 Scaled cleans and MU’s.