I was very happy to see a lot of goals on the board for October, and with the fall running season sort of winding down many of them were endurance goals. I was also happy to see a lot of check marks and exclamation points on the board next to those goals. Great job by all those whose hard work paid dividends in October!
- Beau B. ran the BAA Half Marathon in under 2:20
- Brennan started swinging the 16kg kettlebell
- Cynthia got a ring dip and 50 double-unders
- Garo got 35 kipping pull-ups and 10 double-unders
- Jen H. got a kipping pull-up
- Jerilyn PR’d the BAA Half by 2 minutes
- Lilly got a strict handstand push-up
- Mark D. ran the Amica Marathon in under 3:30 (3:25, a 14 minute PR!)
- Ron competed in the Masters Competition at CrossFit New England
- Sean O. ran the BAA Half in under 2 hours
- I achieved both of my endurance goals, running the BAA Half in under 96 minutes, and the Cape Cod Marathon in under 4 hours
November marks the start of the holiday season. Choose a goal to help keep your training focused (hint: this is looking like a good month to shoot for a back squat PR), and put it on the board!
November 1, 2012
Overhead Squat 3-3-3-3-3
100 Kettlebell Swings (24kg/16kg)
*Begin the workout with 5 burpees, perform 5 burpees every minute on the minute until the kettlebell swings are complete.
Compare to 120605