- Brennan completed an entire workout with 20″ box jumps
- Brooke finished in the top 8 in her first CrossFit competition, and qualified for the final workout
- A Chris got 3 consecutive double-unders
- Drake got 5 muscle-ups and double-unders
- Garo strung together 5 double-unders
- Hudson front squatted 100kg, and got a bar muscle-up
- Ky put together 10 kipping pull-ups
- Mike G participated in his first CrossFit competition
- Pope got his first kipping pull-up
- Rej got his first muscle-up, and 5 consecutive double-unders
Congratulations to all on your achievements! If I missed you, and you belong on this list, please post to comments and take credit for your accomplishments.
There were some pretty awesome goals reached last month, but I want to recognize the “smaller” goals on this list. A lot of training goes into every breakthrough, and in order to reach those “big” achievements a lot of “smaller” things needed to be accomplished first. Think of them as stepping stones along the way to that new PR. Kudos to those who took steps towards their next “big one” last month. If you have a long term goal, that maybe needs more than a month to achieve, consider what you can do on your journey to reaching it, make that your short term goal, and put it on the board for October. You can also pick up one of our new custom journals to track your progress towards all your goals.
October 2, 2012
High Bar Back Squat 5-5-5
Complete as many reps as possible in 8 minutes following the rep scheme below:
3 Power Cleans (75kg/50kg)
6 Power Cleans
9 Power Cleans
12 Power Cleans
This is a timed workout. If you complete the round of 12, go on to 15. If you complete 15, go on to 18, etc.
The Red Bandana Run is a 5k road race held as an annual tribute to Welles Remy Crowther, a 9/11 hero, and also benefits a charitable trust bearing his name. The race takes place this year on Saturday, October 13th at Boston College. Learn more about Welles’ story here, and register for the race here.