To All Our Text Machines

CrossFit is more than just a strength and conditioning program, it’s a community.  The CrossFit culture is driven by electronic media.  As a general rule we love Facebook and the “post to comments” buttons on blogs.  When I saw The Most Important Mwod Ever posted on Mobility WOD the other day, I instantly thought of so many members of the CFF family going to town on their smart phones.  This one’s for all you text/e-mail junkies out there (Especially Yosh.  Seriously.  Send him one text and expect at least three in return.  And he’s doing it on a dumb phone!  Text.  Machine.), as well as anyone stuck at a desk pointing, clicking, and typing their days away.

November 9, 2011
Strength:
Press 2-2-2-2-2-2

15 Overhead Squat (45kg/30kg)
400m Run
30 Front Squats (45kg/30kg)
500m Row
45 Wall Ball (20#/14#)
400m Run, with Med Ball

19 comments for “To All Our Text Machines

1. Jen K
    November 9, 2011 at 7:09 am

I want to make out with this photo, and then turn it into a giant poster.

I’m also going to make a concerted effort to externally rotate my shoulders while PowerPointing today. Thanks for the video!

November 9, 2011 at 8:28 am

Press – 80kg
    WOD – 13:06 Rx

• POPE
      November 9, 2011 at 4:16 pm

your kids’ music is awesome.

• Shane B
        November 9, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Thanks Pope…I will let them know.

3. Scrappy
    November 9, 2011 at 9:40 am

WOD — 19:45 w/14# WB to 9′ target. Thud.

I keep my hips open at work by standing at my desk about 85% of the day; it weirds people out.

As an aside, both of my parents made a point to email/call and tell me that Channel 5 News is doing a segment on CF. Dad has seen the magic before; hopefully Mom’s not too alarmed at what she sees.

• Claire
      November 9, 2011 at 10:04 am

Way to go using the 14# ball! I emailed Channel 5 and they said the video will be posted on their website too!

November 9, 2011 at 10:39 am

Press: 52kg (55kg x 1)

WOD #3 for Southie (5 Round: 20 Box Jumps 24″, 15 Pull Ups, 5 Wall Climbs)
    18:10

Glad I had a chance to do this before Saturday. Wall climbs are going to be a battle, but Eric helped to assure me that it’s likely to be everyone’s weakest movement in this WOD. Now it’s time to rest, stretch, and get rid of this cold!

• Scrappy
      November 9, 2011 at 11:06 am

Yes, rest up…you’re sounding Barry White-esque today :-)

5. kevin
    November 9, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Press: 57 kg (didn’t have a 2 rep PR before, so this is it)

WOD: 14:10 rx (I like WOD’s with lots of equipment)

• kevin
      November 9, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Sorry, 14:19 Rx (not 14:10).

6. KP
    November 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm

19:15
    OHS 24kg, FS 30kg, 10# wall ball (disappointed I was struggling w/ the 14#)

7. POPE
    November 9, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Press: 60kg (2rep PR)
    WOD: 15:32 @40kg, 14# ball

Homework:
    50 situps
    50 GHD back extensions

first time going to Haley’s class this a.m. and I have to say that it’s pretty cool and surreal to think about the fact that Haley and I started CrossFit around the same time – and now she’s one of my coaches. way to go, Coach.

• Haley
      November 9, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Yay, Pope! It was such a lovely surprise to see you at 6AM… on time :)

Nice job this morning!

8. Caroline C.
    November 9, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I really liked this one! I guess I like abuse … ha! I was proud to do the front squats during the workout at Rx … not so much the rest, but considering my shoulders wouldn’t let me do overhead squats when I first started, a 15# bar is pretty awesome!

One of these days I’ll actually get to Rx a workout.

9. Zander
    November 9, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Press: 54 x2, 56 x1
    WOD: 11:28 RX

10. Jen W.
    November 9, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Press: 95# – light kilo plates were hard to come by today!
    WOD: 19:45 w/30kg bar, 10# ball and a lot of missed wall ball reps.
    Feels good to be moving weight again!

11. Jen G.
    November 10, 2011 at 12:14 am

Press: 35…Could have gone heavier but was way too concerned about my shoulders.
    WOD: 17:11 Rx with only about 70 wall ball attempts, so at least that’s improving.