Sox are away, so we will play…outside

The Red Sox season was effectively ended for all intents and purposes on Tuesday night after suffering a beat down at the hands of the Rays.  While I hope to eat these words in the next few weeks, according to Cool Standings, after that whupping the Sox have about a 1% chance of making the playoffs.

Even though we’re now shifting our focus to football season and the Patriots, the Sox still need to finish out their schedule, so we’re still somewhat at their mercy when programming workouts.  Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective) the Olde Towne Team has a rest day Thursday, followed by a west coast trip (free parking is available all day in the lot around CrossFit Fenway on Thursday).  That means we’re going outside.  A mile worth of running, handstand push-ups adding a more technical element, and overhead walking lunges just to make sure everyone is sufficiently crushed.

September 9th, 2010

Strength: Deadlift 5-5-5

WOD: 3 Rounds:
10 Handstand Push-ups
20 Overhead Walking Lunges, 20kg plate
550m Run (1 lap around block)

Announcements

Fight Gone Bad has raised more than $2 million in its first four editions. This year LIVESTRONG, Wounded Warrior Project, and the CrossFit Foundation are benefiting from the fundraising efforts. On Saturday, September 25th we’ll be running our heats. CrossFit Fenway has raised a combined $5,531. Register today, and join the fight as part of the CrossFit Fenway team.

12 comments for “Sox are away, so we will play…outside

1. Justin S
    September 9, 2010 at 7:12 am

DL: 180kg

• Yosh
      September 9, 2010 at 7:32 am

Awesome job again bruv. I’m gonna start creating Justin S. facts instead of chuck norris facts…..sych as “When Justin deadlifts he is not pulling weight away from the ground, he is pulling suck away from the earth!”

• Shrujal
        September 9, 2010 at 8:29 am

J$ made 180kg look easy – continues to set the bar higher and higher each week!

DL: 140kg (failed 150 at 3 or 4 reps; too tired to count)
        WOD: 16:01 Rx – no legs or lungs once again…

• Justin S.
        September 9, 2010 at 8:51 am

Every july, sharks watch Yosh week on the Discovery channel

• Nathan
      September 9, 2010 at 9:26 am

Deadlift: 115kg x 10

Justin, I should have checked your time before the WOD. Then maybe my walking lunges wouldn’t have been such a lazy Sunday stroll.

• Justin S.
        September 9, 2010 at 9:34 am

did you at least make it sexy with no shirt like todays picture?

• Nathan
          September 9, 2010 at 9:45 am

Hah. I think the Saint Clairs could have done everyone a favor by blurring the focus on the left side of that picture instead of the right.

• September 9, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Its our job to find the sexy and expose it when it is there, and the camera got stuck that way, there was nothing we could do

September 9, 2010 at 9:31 am

I admire all you guys for being able to do this stuff with such a huge output that early in the morning!

3. CJ
    September 9, 2010 at 1:13 pm

There is no way I would be able to do this stuff in the morning….I made a slight revision and doubled up todays WOD cause I wanted to see how I could do in a competition aspect(not that Im there yet but)

1st WOD:Fran 7:53
    2 minute rest
    2nd WOD: Today’s WOD 15:36
    Didn’t have time in my lunch break to do the deadlifts I will make up for it tommarrow

• Justin S.
      September 9, 2010 at 2:03 pm

nice work, its pretty nuts to do anything after fran (other than puke)

4. Yosh