A Pair of Ladies

This Friday we have not one girl for you, but two.  After working through Grace there’s a 5 minute break, and then you get to take on Annie, which we last did on April 16th.  Annie’s a great one to throw after just about anything, and this particular combo recently appeared on CrossFit Anaerobic Inc. Both girls are all out sprints that should be completed in less than 10 minutes each, and to be sure, we’ve put a 25 minute cap on the whole thing.

September 3rd, 2010

Grace
30 Clean & Jerks for time (135#/95#)

*Rest 5 Minutes*

Annie
50-40-30-20-10
Double Unders
Sit-ups

*25 Minute Cap*

Announcements

*CrossFit Fenway will be closed this Saturday, Sunday, and Monday for Labor Day*

More Classes! More Coaches! Beginning Tuesday, September 7th we’ll be offering 10 classes a day Monday through Thursday, and increasing the class size on Fridays.  To accommodate all this extra capacity Joe McGhee and Aaron Landes will be coaching several classes a day.  Many of you have already met and worked with Joe and Aaron, but if you haven’t please introduce yourself.  Both are good coaches, exceptional athletes, and all around nice guys.  Be sure to check the class schedule for next week and beyond if you booked in advance.  You may need to rebook.

Fight Gone Bad has raised more than $2 million in its first four editions. This year LIVESTRONG, Wounded Warrior Project, and the CrossFit Foundation are benefiting from the fundraising efforts. On Saturday, September 25th we’ll be running our heats. CrossFit Fenway has raised a combined $5,411. Register today, and join the fight as part of the CrossFit Fenway team.

The Sox are back in town Friday, so there’s no free parking available at CrossFit Fenway during the evening classes.

19 comments for “A Pair of Ladies

1. Kristin
    September 2, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Welcome home, Wellemeyer! :)

2. Dan
    September 3, 2010 at 8:39 am

Grace: 7:15 Rx – Nothing graceful about it. Pressed, Push pressed, jerked, split jerked, whatever I could to get that weight overhead. Also one failed rep. Waste of a perfectly good clean and a lot of energy.
    Annie: 9:07 – Annie on May 24 was 13:05. Need to work on sit-up speed.
    Total w/5 minute rest = 21:22

My first 6:30am workout. Great job everyone!

• shruj
      September 3, 2010 at 9:28 am

Dan great job! There is no way I could have done Grace Rx – way to get that weight up!

Isabelle: 106lb – 4:33; no cleans today
      Annie Rx – Total Time 20:3?

• Scott R
        September 3, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Shuj – your double unders are a sight to behold! Thanks for the tips this morning.

• yosh
      September 3, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Yeah dan way to do work bud! Great time!

3. Jen K
    September 3, 2010 at 10:06 am

Grace: 4:25 with 30kg
    Annie: Newsflash – double unders take forever when done in ones or twos! I needed an extra 15 seconds for a total time of 25:15. ALMOST.

4. Justin S
    September 3, 2010 at 10:07 am

Damn I miss CFF. Let me tell you after spending a week at another box we are all part of a special place. The people, programming and coaches are really something unique and I feel lucky to be a part of it.

• yosh
      September 3, 2010 at 10:43 am

Right on Justin. Never have I been a part of something like this. You guys all rock.

• Tiffany
      September 3, 2010 at 8:19 pm

You have been missed my friend! Hurry back.

5. Haley
    September 3, 2010 at 10:33 am

so good to see JJ back at Fenway!

unfortunately i couldn’t do grace today because of my back, but i did do annie and i promised stace i’d post this here:

back in january, my 2nd CF workout EVER was annie — scaled waaaaay down: 3x single unders and only half of the sit ups on each round (i remember stacey telling me something like “you won’t be able to move tomorrow if you try to do all of them”) … and it took me 20:32!! seems pretty pathetic to look back on now. annie today? 8:18 rx. CRAZY!

only 2 days left in the burpee challenge! THANK GOD

• Scrappy
      September 3, 2010 at 11:41 am

Great stuff.

As for burpees, tomorrow could not come soon enough.

• shruj
      September 3, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Haley, you’re my hero!

6. CJ
    September 3, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Grace @ #135 5:36
    Rested 5 mins
    Then what I thought was that I had 25 min cap total so I got through 30 DU and grace with a 5 minute break worked in there so 14:24 on annie to that point but finished the whole workout including rest in 29:46

• yosh
      September 3, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Great Grace time dude.

7. Eric P.
    September 3, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Grace @ 3:37rx

Rested 2min (only because Eric told me that he saw it on CrossFit Anaerobic Inc., so i figured what the hell – my shoulders are not happy with me right now).

Annie @ 10:20rx

Total time @ 15:57 (would have been ~ 18:57 if I took the extra 3min rest).

Some killer wod times from the AM Classes!

• shruj
      September 3, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Amazing job

8. Scott R
    September 3, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Grace: 6:04 @ 40kg. Felt a little pain in my left shoulder. Wasn’t fun, but I did it.
    Annie: I maxed out the 25 minutes. Only go to round three. The double-unders were my downfall. Totally agree with Jen – doing 50 double-unders in ones and twos take forever. Sit-ups were fine.

9. Ted
    September 3, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Good noon class today – Eric set the pace (as usual).

Grace: 3:59 (45kg)
    Annie: 13:13
    Total: 22:12

Situps are still giving me hell but I finally figured out Double-Unders during the round of 30. Stringing 20 or 30 of those together feels nice.

Have a killer weekend everyone!